Thursday, January 03, 2013

Quantum Grade Quackery

I know, I know, people usually use the term "weapons grade" to show how terrible something bad is.  But given that this article I am going to link to is talking about something so bad, and it is about Quantum Physics in a way, I thought that the term "Quantum Grade" could even top Weapons Grade"...

Anyway, one of my favorite bloggers on Freethought Blogs, Ed Bradley, in his Dispatches from the Culture Wars, has linked to and commented on something Deepak Chopra is doing.  For those of you who think Chopra is the next best thing to sliced bread, here's a taste of some serious quackery:
In Chopra’s world, the word “quantum” functions like a magical talisman that explains ™everything because in the quantum world anything can happen.
Go read the article, it is a great read, and he links to his source, which is even better.



2 comments:

Oldfart said...

I never thought Deepak Chopra was anything more than a charlatan.

Unknown said...

Why Oldfart, I do believe you're getting soft in your old age - I'd have thought you'd just call him a quack and a fraud and be done with it!